Steve Staas – Park Superintendent
West Milton Municipal Park:
Location, St. Rt. 571 @ Washington St.
Approximately 30 acres.
Our park features: a large playground area; large shelters/picnic areas with new grills; catch and release fishing pond (no license required); restroom facilities; boat ramp for river access; canoe rentals by Barefoot Canoe located by the boat ramp; large open areas; wetlands area and to relax we offer benches overlooking the scenic Stillwater River.
You can play some basketball in the lower lot, sand volleyball or softball on Homer Acres Field. Please note Homer Acres Field is available on a "first-come-first-serve" basis. The concession stand was dedicated in the name of Allen “John” Daum for his years of service to the Milton-Union Recreation Association when all those activities were present in our Municipal Park. There are other dedicated areas you must see while visiting.
Grills located by shelters.
This park is also the site of our annual 4th of July celebration featuring food, rides, fames, fishing derby, local attractions and fireworks at dark.
The main hill at the top of Washington Street is an extremely popular sledding area in the winter although sledding is prohibited SOUTH of the steps.
The main park is also host to the Union Township Veterans Memorial located adjacent to the Lion’s Shelters.
Other possible festivals are being considered to be held within our parks system.
McCall Neighborhood Park:
Location: Behind the 1100 and 1200 Block of Sanlor Ave. Between Sanlor Ave and S. Miami St.
Approximately 4 acres
Playground area with a large play system.
Open recreation area
DP&L ball fields:
Located on northern edge of West Milton directly across from Markley Road on St. Rt. 48.
Approximately 4 acres
Features a playground area in addition to two baseball/softball fields which used frequently during spring, summer and fall months.
**To reserve the DP&L ball fields please call our office at 937-698-1500 ext. 100.
- For shelter rentals are $30/ day per shelter Friday - Sunday and $10/day per shelter Monday - Thursday. No refunds will be provided but date changes may be available before the date of your rental.
- Reservations begin March 1st for shelter rentals from April 1 through the last week of October. Rentals MUST be made in person in our office.
- Restroom and electric box keys are available for a $20 deposit which is refunded upon return of the key - available with shelter rental only.
- For additional information call our offices Monday - Friday from 8-5 at 698-1500 ext. 100 or 108.
- Homer Acres Field is "first-come-first-serve" - no reservations are taken.
- The Parks system employs one seasonal Parks Superintendent
- Park closed after dark and opens at dusk
- Any other questions? Call Ben Herron - Supervisor at 698-1500 ext.116